9.3 Domestic works councils

Since 2009, employers employing at least 50 employees in the UK may also be asked, or choose, to establish a domestic or national works council, or “Information and Consultation Body”. In fact, these need not be either works councils as such, nor national, but they can be used to discuss matters of significance in a non-unionsed workforce.