What does the employee warrant?
The following are common warranties for employees to give in the settlement agreement:
- That they have not committed a fundamental breach of contract.
- That they have not (at the date of the agreement) received another offer of employment.
- That they have returned all company property.
- That they no longer have any confidential information belonging to the company.
- That they have raised any potential claims against the company with their independent legal adviser.
- That they will keep the terms of the agreement and the circumstances leading up to the termination of their employment confidential.
- That they will not make derogatory statements about the company or group companies and its/their officers and employees.