- 1. The employee who raises a grievance when faced with disciplinary proceedings.
- 2. When the employee wants a witness present: who takes the statement; who asks them to attend; should they be compelled; who can ask questions of the witness; witness anonymity; which evidence is to be preferred.
- 3. Progressing the disciplinary procedure when an employee goes on sick leave.
- 4. Covert recordings during the hearing.
- 5. What evidence needs to be provided; are statements required?
- 6. Suspension?
- 7. Failure to attend and last minute adjournments.
- 8. Who should investigate and/or chair? Manager? HR? Neutral?
This publication is intended for general summary guidance. It is not and should not be considered legal advice. Specific advice should be sought for specific cases; we cannot be held responsible for any action (or decision not to take action) made in reliance upon the content of this publication.